Return and Exchange Policy
We strive to pack your orders correctly, but we are human and we do make mistakes. (So, please always check your order as soon as it arrives.
you need to report shortages on your order or mis-shipped items, you need to do this within 5 days after receiving your order.)
If we do ship you the wrong item:
- If you have paid with a credit card; call or email us and we will ship out the correct item right away.
We will also issue you an RMA number to write on the box plus a UPS/USPS call tag so that UPS can send back
the mis-shipped item at our cost. (Include a copy of your invoice so we can keep track of your shipment.)
We need to have the mis-shipped item returned within 4 business days. If we do not receive the mis-shipped
item back within 2 weeks, we will assume you mean to keep that item and we will go ahead and bill your credit card.
- If you have paid with PayPal; call or email us. If you are willing to have us charge a credit card, we can ship
out the correct item right away. We will also issue you an RMA number to write on the box plus a UPS/USPS call tag so
that you can send back the miss-shipped item at our cost. (Include a copy of your invoice so we can keep track
of your shipment.) As soon as the miss-shipped item is returned, we will credit your charge card.
- If you are not able to give us a credit card we will also issue you an RMA number to write on the box plus a
call tag so that you can send back the miss-shipped item at our cost. (Include a copy of your invoice so we
can keep track of your shipment.) We will ship out your correct item as soon as you have returned the miss-shipped item to us.
Definition of Defective Merchandise:
- Merchandise that does not perform correctly right from the beginning, due to manufacturing defect. This must be new merchandise,
not merchandise that has been used, and then it quit working/running.
- Slot Cars that arrive with a broken part.
- Merchandise that doesnot perform correctly after usage, (due to product defect, not due to crashes, or customer use) that is under
manufacturer warranty. In general our manufacturers will work with you directly to repair or replace defective items that are under their warranty.
Concerns with Imperfect Slot Cars or Cases
- Slot Car Display boxes cracked during shipping are not subject to refund or replacement. We check all display boxes before we ship them to be sure they are in good condition. However, they often arrive from the manufacturer with rub marks or signs of wear from shipping. None of the shipping carriers consider display boxes to have a value, only that they are to protect the merchandise. They will not reimburse us for cracked cases.
- Slot cars are mass-produced, and are sold for the purpose of racing (unless it is a slot car that comes in a collector box).
We cannot guarantee that the paint job on your car will be perfect, and cannot take back cars as defective due to
imperfections in paint jobs, or other minor flaws.
- Slot Cars that arrive in Collector boxes are personally inspected before we ship them, as we know the condition of the box
itself is very important. Again, these cars are mass produced, (except for the very highest priced cars), and the best
we or any dealer can do in such a situation is to sell you the best ones available within the limitations of the
manufacturer's quality control. (We do refuse car boxes that are split or damaged and send them back to our distributors.)
- Insuring your order is best. If your item is damaged in shipment, we will not be able to start a claim on your behalf unless it is insured.
Valuable information that may help with Slot Car problems!
Please check out our Slot Cars FAQ and Info section of the website if you are experiencing problems with your cars.
Many times in this hobby, a little 'tweaking' is all it takes to get you up and running! (We suggest book marking this page).
Defective Merchandise Vendor Return Guidelines (Customer caused damage by crashes, improper set up etc... not covered)
TRACK SETS PLEASE NOTE: If you are having technical difficulties with a track set, our vendors are glad to help,
however they do not accept track sets back (nor can we) that have been opened/ ie the shrink wrap opened.
They will only replace defective items per the manufacturer warranty.
- SCX: Warranty for 6 months. Defectives are returned to SCX. Please call 877-729-2099 with questions about defectives and for return authorization.
- NINCO: Warranty for 90 days against manufacturing defects. If you have problems immediately, contact us directly via email or telephone. We will try to figure out the issue with you over the phone. If you do have a defective item, we will issue you an RMA for you to ship it directly back to us for replacement.
- Carrera: Warranty for 1 year against manufacturing defects. If you have problems immediately, contact us directly via email or telephone. We will try to figure out the issue with you over the phone. If you do have a defective item, we will issue you an RMA for you to ship it directly back to us for replacement. If you experience problems after 60 days, contact Carrera directly at 609-409-8510 and they will have you return it to them for replacement.
- Scalextric: Warranty 90 Days Email Customersupport@hornby.us or Call 877-358-6405 ext. 114 and ask for Arvid, for technical questions or defective concerns. If they tell you then, that they would like for us to take care of you directly; we will be happy to do so. Please call us and we will give you an RMA number and exchange the item for you. See notes below on RMA instructions.
- Professor Motor Controllers are made here in the U.S.A. They test each and every controller before it leaves their warehouse.
They have written Use & Care Instructions which are included in each controller package. If you have any questions, or technical concerns
regarding your controller, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call them at 734-462-4226. They will work with you to resolve your problem.
Please take the time to read their directions carefully before you use your controller, as it can be damaged if not set up correctly, and Professor
Motor may charge a fee to repair your controller.
- These companies have given our customers excellent service, but, please let us know if you have any problems, we will be glad to step in and help.
- All other manufacturers, email email@example.com, and give us a detailed description of the problem you are having.
If we cannot help you troubleshoot the problem, we will provide an RMA number and return instructions.
- An RMA (return merchandise authorization) number issued by HotSlots132 must accompany all returned purchases.
All original packaging must accompany your return, as well as a copy of your invoice. Your product will be replaced or the purchase price
will be refunded within 30 days of purchase. We will give you shipping instructions at the time we issue an RMA to you.
We will re-ship it to you via a standard shipping method of our choice at no cost. Please pack your items carefully,
if they are damaged in shipment we will not be able to give you credit on your item.
International Customers: Due to the high costs of international shipping, we cannot pay for return shipping of defective products.
We recommend that you have us ship your replacement back to you with your next order to reduce your costs.
Merchandise That is Not Defective (You realize you ordered the wrong item, too much track, etc.)
Special Note: To prevent damages during shipment, we take some cars (SCX for ex.) and break the warranty seal so we can strap down/add extra packing to the cars to protect them during shipment. These cars have not been used. We do not take back opened shrink wrapped/blister packed items such as track sets, track accessories, and cars, (like Go!! cars).
Also, Sorry but we cannot take any returns on merchandise that has been used.
You must either call 217-355-2277 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get an RMA number in advance. All items must be returned in original condition; with all original packaging, so that we may be able to re-sell the merchandise. If merchandise is received in less than new condition. we will not be able to give you an exchange or give you a refund. All returns must be accompanied by receipt and mailed back to HotSlots132 within 30 days of original purchase. (This time is extended for holiday purchases for Christmas, you have until December 30th to contact us.)
Exchanges: If you mistakenly order a wrong item and decide you need to exchange it for another one, please let us know, we will work with you on this. Our normal procedure is to have you pay freight on your return item, and on the item we have to re-ship you. No used items may be exchanged. We can give you a store credit which you can use when you place your next order if you are not ready to reorder at the time you are sending back your item(s).
Extra Track: We understand that when you are building a track layout, you may not need all the extra track you have ordered and that you may go past our normal 30 days before you finish your track. As long as the track boxes, bags, blister packs, etc have not been opened, we will be glad to accept returns for up to 90 days from purchase on unopened track to us. As track is heavy and is expensive to ship, there may be a 10% restocking fee to cover our original shipping costs. It depends on how much track you are sending back. Please call us in advance for RMA. We can give you a store credit for the returned track, which you can use when you place your next order.